Attorney and Staff Openings
Corporate and Real Estate Partners - Stamford
The Stamford office of Murtha Cullina LLP is looking to continue its expansion by the addition of quality corporate or real estate partners. We are seeking established partners with practices in general corporate law, M&A, securities offerings, broker dealer representation or private equity representation, as well as real estate, zoning and land use, who believe their clients will benefit from our growing regional platform.
Real Estate/Finance Associate - Stamford
The Business and Finance Department of Murtha Cullina LLP is seeking a full-time real estate associate for its Stamford office. The qualified candidate will have 3-5 years of experience with complex real estate and finance transactions; specifically, experience representing purchasers, sellers, lenders and borrowers. An entrepreneurial focus and excellent drafting, organizational, communication and client relationship skills are a must.
Labor and Employment Litigation Associate - Hartford
The Hartford office of Murtha Cullina LLP is seeking a full-time associate with 2-4 years of experience practicing employment law. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellent research, writing and communication skills, and be comfortable advising clients, as well as litigating claims in state and federal court. Labor, ERISA and/or education law experience preferred. Admission to Massachusetts is a plus.
Litigation Associate - Boston
The Boston office of Murtha Cullina LLP is seeking a full-time associate with 3-4 years of construction and business litigation experience to join its litigation team, with the opportunity of working with partners from some of our other offices. Experience with dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation, administrative proceedings, and negotiating contracts is preferred. Interest in becoming involved in all facets of our litigation practice is a must. Qualified candidates will have excellent writing and client relationship skills, and must be team-oriented and entrepreneurial.
Real Estate Associate - Boston
The Business and Finance Department of Murtha Cullina LLP is seeking a full-time associate with 2-5 years of experience with complex commercial real estate and finance transactions. Experience and/or interest in the area of affordable housing development and financing is preferred. Qualified candidates will have excellent drafting, communication and client relationship skills. The successful candidate will be team-oriented and entrepreneurial.
Real Estate/Corporate Paralegal – Boston
The Firm is searching for a full-time Real Estate/Corporate paralegal for the Boston office with strong commercial real estate experience in preparing closing documents from start to post-closing. Specific duties include: ordering UCC/Litigation/Bankruptcy searches; ordering certificates and tracking dates; reviewing title commitments and survey; keeping track of closing documents required based on a closing checklist; and preparation of closing documents, including a list or organization documents that are involved in various opinions and certificates. On the corporate side, the paralegal will work directly with attorneys and clients during closings and corporate transactions, prepare audit letters for distribution to auditors and clients, assist in the preparation and filling of UCC filings and handle UCC filing search requests, and general preparation of corporate documents/materials. The qualified candidate must be highly organized, have strong research and writing skills and attention to detail. Bachelor’s Degree required.
Financial Analyst - Boston
The Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial data through the collection, monitoring and studying of information gathered concerning the Firm’s financial performance, and making recommendations based on those findings. This position will work closely with the Director of Finance, Controller and Executive Director, and will primarily support the financial reporting and analytical needs of the Managing Partner and the Executive Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compares and analyzes actual results with plans and forecasts pertaining to timekeeper statistics and client metrics.
- Prepares monthly trends analysis by analyzing results, monitoring variances against expected results, identifying trends and recommending actions.
- Analyzes and interprets various date for comparative purposes; make recommendations based on analyses.
- Prepares periodic financial updates for Executive Committee meetings, as well as provides talking points for the Executive Director’s financial updates for each meeting.
- Assists the Accounting Department with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, analysis and executive analysis.
- Prepares data for participation in industry surveys.
- Prepares ad hoc reports for the Managing Partner and the Executive Committee, summarizing analysis and executive analysis.
- Provides profitability analysis and offers recommendations based on findings.
- Analyzes attorney realization to determine where improvements can be made.
- Assists in revenue projections.
- Provides capital analysis and stress tests on cash flow.
- Assists attorneys with matter budgeting and pricing analysis to attain the highest profitability on matters.
- Assists with financial system implementation and improvement.
- Works with the Director of Finance and Controller on the following: budget analysis and preparation; Partners’ share setting reports; annual tax return preparation; annual financial statement review; and debt covenant reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting
- Law firm experience; specifically in financial reporting and analysis
- Strong financial reporting and analytical skills
- Excellent Excel skills, including v and h-look up, pivot tables, sum-ifs, arrays, etc.
- Experience with Elite in financial reporting and analysis is a plus
- Knowledge of databases and queries to pull information
- Professional, calm demeanor
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions
- Excellent communication, proofreading, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion
- Willingness to travel to other Murtha Cullina offices, as needed