Attorney and Staff Openings
Utilities/Environmental Lawyer – Hartford, CT or New Haven, CT
Murtha Cullina LLP is seeking a full-time Utilities/Environmental lawyer with a minimum of two years of experience in water or utility and energy and environmental law to join its well-established environmental practice. This position will be based in either the Hartford or New Haven office, and is part of the Regulatory Department. Experience in regulatory, transactional, energy and/or water issues is required.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellent research, writing and communication skills.
Must be admitted in Connecticut.
Trusts & Estates Paralegal - Stamford, CT
Murtha Cullina is seeking a full-time T&E paralegal for its Stamford office. Experience in estate and trust administration is required. Responsibilities include preparation of estate, gift and fiduciary accountings and tax returns (including Forms 1041, 706, 709, and related New York and Connecticut forms). Experience with Connecticut Probate and New York Surrogate Court filings required. Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Paralegal Certificate or Accounting degree preferred.
- 10 plus years of experience in Trusts and Estates and strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to work under deadlines and handle several assignments at one time, as well as the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office (with proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook), ZANE, GEMS, HotDocs, etc.
- Must demonstrate a positive and professional attitude in dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Must be a notary public or be willing to become one.
- Must have knowledge of Connecticut Probate and New York Surrogate Court rules and filing procedures.