August 28, 2014 - Best Lawyers in America Continues to Recognize Murtha Cullina Attorneys
For questions or more information, please contact Andrea Race.
HARTFORD, CT and BOSTON, MA (August 28, 2014)…More than 30 Murtha Cullina LLP attorneys continue to be recognized by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®. For 2015, three of the Firm’s attorneys have been recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” for their respective practices in Hartford. This distinction is only given to one attorney in each of a community’s practice areas.
Murtha Cullina’s “Lawyers of the Year” include:
- Paul R. McCary – Energy Law (CT)
- Mark R. Sussman – Environmental Law (CT)
- Michael A. Zizka – Land Use and Zoning Law and Litigation-Land Use and Zoning (CT)
Also for 2015, three of the Firm’s attorneys have been selected to the list for the first time.
- George A. Dagon, Jr. - Commercial Litigation (CT)
- Maury E. Lederman - Litigation-Construction and Construction Law (MA)
- Frank J. Saccomandi, III - Real Estate Law (CT)
The above-mentioned honorees join a proud list of Murtha Cullina attorneys who continue to be recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® each year, including:
- Francis J. Brady, (2006) Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Litigation – Environmental (Hartford)
- Frank M. Capezzera (2013) Real Estate Law (Boston)
- Daniel C. Cohn, (1991) Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy (Boston)
- Loring A. Cook, III, (2007) Construction Law, Litigation-Construction (Boston)
- James R. DeGiacomo, (1993) Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Family Law, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, Trusts and Estates (Boston)
- Mark G. DeGiacomo, (2009) Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Commercial Law (Boston)
- Michael J. Donnelly, (2014) Litigation - Construction (Hartford)
- Marilyn B. Fagelson, (2014) Insurance Law (New Haven)
- Michael C. Harrington, (2010) Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management (Hartford)
- H. Kennedy Hudner, (2006) Health Care Law (Hartford)
- Dwight A. Johnson, (1995) Energy Law (Hartford)
- William J. Keenan, Jr., (1995) Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, (Hartford)
- Paul E. Knag, (1995) Health Care Law (Stamford)
- Richard McGrath, (1987) Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation (Stamford)
- Willard F. Pinney, Jr., (1989) Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law (Hartford)
- Irving S. Schloss, (1989) Litigation – Trusts & Estates, Trusts and Estates (Madison)
- Gregory A. Sharp, (1993) Environmental Law (Hartford)
- Alfred E. Smith, Jr., (1995) Environmental Law (New Haven)
- Sara R. Stadler, (1995) Trusts and Estates (New Haven)
- Elizabeth J. Stewart, (2006) Insurance Law (New Haven)
- Thomas S. Vangel (2013) Commercial Litigation (Boston)
- Barry J. Waters, (2003) Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Management, Litigation – Labor & Employment (New Haven)
- Robert A. White, (1995) Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Insolvency and Reorganization Law (Hartford)
- Edward B. Whittemore, (2010) 2014 Lawyer of the Year, Securities/Capital Market Law (Hartford)
- John C. Wyman (2012) Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs (Boston)
Since 1983, The Best Lawyers in America® has become regarded as a definitive guide to legal excellence. Its lists of outstanding attorneys are compiled by comprehensive peer-reviews in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
About Murtha Cullina LLP
With more than 100 attorneys in five offices throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts, Murtha Cullina LLP offers a full range of legal services to meet the local, regional and national needs of our clients. Our practice encompasses litigation, regulatory and transactional representation of businesses, governmental units, non-profit organizations and individuals. Core practice areas include litigation, insurance recovery, labor and employment, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, construction, energy, health care, trusts and estates, affordable housing, real estate, land use and retail and hospitality.
Murtha Cullina is the exclusive member firm in Connecticut for Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide; and the exclusive Connecticut member firm of State Law Resources, an international network of independent law firms.
# # # #