Andrew W. Lord
Mr. Lord's practice is comprised of a variety of environmental matters. Mr. Lord works with energy clients in connection with the permitting and acquisition of electric generation facilities and appurtenant assets including electric interconnections, natural gas transmission line-taps and fuel storage tanks. Mr. Lord also routinely assists business clients with all aspects of transactions involving contaminated properties, from pre-acquisition due diligence to post-closing environmental remediation.
Mr. Lord also has significant experience assisting municipal clients with issues arising from the construction or acquisition of sanitary sewer systems.
Additionally, he has significant experience with Water Pollution Control Authorities (“WPCA”). He has assisted municipal clients with issues arising from the construction or acquisition of sanitary sewer systems, advised suburban WPCA’s on all aspects of WPCA business and has served as a member of the East Haddam Water Pollution Control Authority since 1994.
- East Haddam Water Pollution Control Authority, Vice Chairman
- Trustee, Connecticut River Watershed Council
- Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce, Environmental and Land Use Steering Committee
- Connecticut Association of Water Pollution Control Authorities
- Champion, The Hartford PROMISE
- Gerald F. Stevens Memorial Award for Excellence in Environmental Law
- State of Maine Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
- U.S. Forest Service
- Yale University
- Haley & Aldrich, Inc.
- TRC Environmental Consultants, Inc.