Download Bio PDF
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.B., 1956)
- Boston College (B.S., 1952)
James R. DeGiacomo
Mr. DeGiacomo has extensive experience in areas of civil litigation, including business litigation, fiduciary litigation, legal malpractice defense, and domestic relations. He was appointed by the Supreme Judicial Court to the Board of Bar Overseers in 1988, and served as its Chairman in 1990-1991.
Mr. DeGiacomo also has extensive teaching experience. He was an Adjunct Professor of Law at the New England School of Law from 1959 to 2001. He is also active in bar association programs and has lectured at numerous seminars for attorneys.
Mr. DeGiacomo participates in mediation programs for all courts and is called upon to accept appointments as guardian ad litem in probate matters.
Mr. DeGiacomo joined the firm of Roche & Leen in 1963. After Mr. Leen was appointed to the Superior Court, the firm name was changed to Roche, Carens & DeGiacomo. In 2000 that firm merged with Murtha Cullina LLP.
- Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow in the American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel
- Former Vice President of the Massachusetts Bar Association
- President of Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. ('MCLE')
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Family Law, Legal Malpractice Law, Trusts and Estates