Download Bio PDF
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Yale University (LL.B., 1961)
- University of Connecticut (B.A., 1957)
John C. Yavis, Jr.
Mr. Yavis has extensive experience representing clients in litigation, arbitration and mediation. He formerly served as chairman of the firm's Litigation Department and the firm's Executive Committee. He serves as an arbitrator and mediator for the American Arbitration Association and for other dispute resolution agencies. His litigation experience includes employment matters, age discrimination, professional liability, construction, general corporate, government contract and general contract litigation. He served on the Manchester Board of Education from 1972-1981 (chair from 1977-1981), and as Chairman of the Manchester Charter Revision Commission in 1986.
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Connecticut Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Manchester, Hartford County, Connecticut, American and Federal Bar Associations
- 2007 American Inns of Court Professionalism Award