Download Bio PDF
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- University of Connecticut Law School (J.D., with high honors, 1998)
- University of Connecticut (B.S., with high honors, 1985)
Kari L. Olson
Kari L. Olson represents clients in the area of municipal and land use litigation, general commercial and creditor's rights litigation and probate litigation.
Ms. Olson regularly represents municipalities, businesses, and individuals in all phases of local land-use approval and litigation. Her land use practice encompasses property boundary disputes, zoning, planning, subdivisions, inland wetlands and water pollution control authorities. She frequently has represented planning and zoning commissions and developers at both the local and appellate level.
In addition to land use issues, Ms. Olson also has represented municipalities and individuals in significant property tax appeals, as well as other matters that uniquely affect municipalities, such as local public health issues.
Ms. Olson is experienced in probate litigation and has represented fiduciaries and creditor's in significant probate matters and probate appeals in courts located throughout the state.
Ms. Olson has represented clients in numerous insurance coverage and business contract disputes. A significant aspect of Ms. Olson's commercial and creditor's rights practice is her representation of multiple skilled nursing home and home care companies in all aspects of private pay collections and litigation. She handles all phases of collection litigation, including pre- and post-judgment remedies, Medicare/Medicaid issues, and probate litigation involving conservatorships and estate claims.
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Executive Committee and Municipal Law Committee and Planning and Zoning Sections
- American Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court