Download Bio PDF
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- University of New Hampshire (B.A., magna cum laude, 1997)
Meredith C. Burns
As an attorney in the firm’s Litigation Department, Meredith Burns represents clients in the areas of commercial litigation, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. Her commercial litigation practice focuses on business disputes, financial workouts, collections, and foreclosures. She also represents municipalities and corporations in property tax appeals.
Ms. Burns’ bankruptcy practice includes representing creditors’ committees, trustees and liquidating custodians in reorganization proceedings. In addition, she represents lenders in liquidation, reorganization, workout, fraudulent transfer, preference and mortgage-related actions. Ms. Burns has successfully prosecuted and defended cases involving preferential transfers, lien avoidance and dischargeability of debt. She practices in state and federal courts in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Ms. Burns presented a seminar for the National Business Institute entitled, “Collection Law from Start to Finish." She is also a member of the board of the Connecticut chapter of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation.
Ms. Burns received a Bachelor of Arts in English, magna cum laude, from the University of New Hampshire and a Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School with a concentration in international law. Ms. Burns studied comparative commercial law at the University of Lund, in Lund, Sweden and served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Judith Fabricant, Associate Justice, Massachusetts Superior Court.
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Fraternity
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Oliver Ellsworth Inn of Court
- The Junior League of Hartford, Public Relations Committee Co-Chair 2009-2011