Download Bio PDF
Bar & Court Admissions
- University of Connecticut Law School (J.D., with high honors, 1997)
- University of Connecticut (M.A., 1989)
- University of Connecticut (B.A., 1986)
Michael E. McDonough
Mr. McDonough chairs the firm’s Business and Finance Department. He is a member of the firm’s Commercial Finance & Lending and Public Finance Groups, and its Health Care, Education, Long Term Care and Energy Industry Teams. Mr. McDonough represents issuers, national and regional investment banks, non-profit institutions and trustees in tax exempt financings. He represents banks, leasing companies and borrowers in commercial transactions. Additionally, Mr. McDonough supports investment advisors and broker dealers with regards to 40 Act compliance and other matters. He negotiates complex financing and structural documents as well as operational contracts for clients in these areas.
Mr. McDonough has extensive experience representing clients in private placements and public offerings. He has helped his clients issue debt through state authorities in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. He regularly participates in the financing of hospital systems, long term care facilities, universities, colleges, independent schools, energy and water companies, and governmental and quasi-governmental entities. He also acts as outside general counsel, disclosure counsel and finance counsel to investment advisory firms, political subdivisions, and non-profit corporations. Mr. McDonough is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers and regularly serves as a panelist on Health Care Finance and Education Finance at NABL’s annual Workshop.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Connecticut Government Finance Officers Association
- Recipient "Development of the Law Award," 2005 Connecticut Law Tribune Leaders of the Law Awards.
- Eastern Connecticut Health Network, Corporator, 2005 -
- University of Saint Joseph, Trustee, 2012 -