March 20, 2018 - District Export Council (DEC) Export Week: Global Intellectual Property Webinar
About the Program:
This webinar is directed to businesses that may have valuable Intellectual Property (IP) to protect in the global market.
One of the objectives of the webinar is to define IP, so businesses can understand what may need to be protected. The types of protection available for the various forms of IP will be presented. Differences in acquiring protection for IP in the United States and abroad will be discussed. The process and costs for securing and enforcing rights in IP will also be presented. Tips on how to decide what IP to protect and to what extent will also be discussed. The role of IP in start-up organizations and innovation teams will be covered.
The Webinar will be conducted by a three person team of IP attorneys from Murtha Cullina LLP. The Webinar will be accessible via the internet and simultaneously in-person at the Hartford office of Murtha Cullina LLP. (Lunch will be provided if you are attending in person).
- Introduction to IP, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
- The application process for protecting IP before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the Copyright Office and foreign IP offices.
- The international application process, including Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and Madrid protocol applications.
- Costs for acquiring and maintaining IP.
- Pre-applications searches for IP.
- Enforcement of IP including pre-litigation tactics and litigation avoidance strategies.
- Ownership, transfer and licensing of IP.
- Employment and contractor issues with IP, including work for hire, not-to-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Elizabeth A. Galletta, Esq. - Patents
- Andy I. Corea, Esq. - Trademarks
- John H. Mutchler, PE, Esq. -Copyrights and Licensing, Litigation and Enforcement of IP
Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Webinar)
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Lunch will be provided if you attend live in Hartford).
Online webcast or live seminar at:
Murtha Cullina LLP, 185 Asylum Street, 29th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
To Register for online presentation:
Click here to register for the webinar.
To RSVP for lunch:
If you wish to attend live in Hartford, please RSVP to Jackie Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.