Attorney and Staff Openings
Litigation Associate - Hartford, CT
Murtha Cullina LLP is seeking a full-time Associate with a minimum of two years of commercial litigation experience in the areas of collections, foreclosures, evictions and other commercial and/or landlord-tenant matters. Experience or desire in bankruptcy a plus. This position is based in our Hartford, CT office.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team of Litigators with an emphasis on professional development.
At Murtha Cullina, you will find a collegial work environment and a competitive benefits package. We are always looking for lawyers with diverse backgrounds to add strength to our team and become part of our exciting future.
For consideration, please send resume to: email@example.com
Client Services Representative - Hartford, CT
The Client Services Representative is responsible for the collection of outstanding receivables, managing aged work in process (WIP), and the improvement of delinquency metrics. Must be able to identify and resolve issues that may be preventing payment, mitigate losses by identifying credit risk, and structuring workouts. This position ensures that write-offs are processed in accordance with Firm policy. Candidate is also responsible for the reconciliation of accounts for accurate payment application, as well as reviewing monthly receivables with timekeepers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with all attorneys throughout the Firm on a daily basis
- Assist with forecasting cash flows
- Assist with new business intake analysis from a credit risk
- Utilize funds unapplied or trust/retainer
- Organize and lead monthly Billing and Collections team meetings
- Monitor WIP, AR and Accruals related to electronically billed clients.
- Confirm client information is accurate at all times and reflected in the system
- Locate clients utilizing skip tracing techniques, including background checks and other paperwork or databases
- Review terms of engagement agreement
- Manage the list of clients that are past due, organized by client billing attorney
- Collect payments on all past due bills (balances > 60 days outstanding), document collection efforts, and set up payment plans
- Advise debtor on options to cure delinquency, including the restructuring of debt/workout
- Follow federal and state laws dealing with debt collection; maintain knowledge and adherence to the FDCPA
- Initiate debt collection proceedings by referral of file to debt collection specialist as necessary, in accordance with departmental process
- Recommend write-offs in accordance with the Firm’s write-off policy
- Provide input to new matter requests for clients with aged receivables
- Assist with e-billing issues to accelerate billings and ultimately collections
- Other ad hoc billing projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in consumer and small business collections and credit underwriting, preferably within a financial or professional services setting
- Experience in all phases of collections, including client contact, workouts and restructures, litigation, skip tracing and bankruptcy is required
- Prior billing experience in the professional services field is preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills, as well as an ability to work independently
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 with excellent Excel skills, and Outlook; preferred knowledge of Accounts Receivable Management systems
- Professional, calm demeanor
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Assistant - Hartford, CT
Murtha Cullina LLP is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Administrative Assistant with a Bachelor’s Degree for its Hartford office. This is a full-time position for the candidate who is energetic, wants to learn and has a lot of initiative. Duties include: performing a variety of administrative tasks in a law firm environment, including: scanning, copying, billing, reception coverage, PowerPoint presentations, and document management.
Candidate must be a highly organized team player with excellent written and communication skills. Must have a strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and must be able to multi-task and manage deadlines. This position is ideal for a candidate who has the desire to learn and grow in an administrative role in a law firm environment. Responsibilities will increase with experience.
Bachelor's Degree Required.
Please send cover letter, resume and transcript to:
Olivia Pepe, Human Resources Coordinator