October 28, 2011 - Murtha Lawyers Named 2012 “Best Lawyers” & “Lawyers of the Year”
HARTFORD, CT and BOSTON, MA (October 28, 2011). Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, has announced the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® (Copyright 2011 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.). 32 Murtha lawyers, 27 from Connecticut and five from Massachusetts, have been selected for inclusion in the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, and six Murtha lawyers received special recognition as 2012 “Lawyers of the Year” in their respective practice areas.
The 32 Murtha lawyers selected for the “Best Lawyer” inclusion are:
- Francis J. Brady (CT), Bet-the Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Litigation Environmental;
- Daniel C. Cohn (MA), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy;
- Loring A. Cook III (MA), Construction Law, Litigation – Construction;
- Jacqueline DeAndrus Bucar (CT), Immigration Law;
- Mark G. DeGiacomo (MA), and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law;
- James R. DeGiacomo (MA), Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Family Law, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, Trusts and Estates;
- Michael C. Harrington (CT), Employment Law – Management and Labor Law - Management;
- H. Kennedy Hudner (CT), Health Care Law;
- Paul G. Hughes (CT), Corporate Law;
- Dwight A. Johnson (CT), Energy Law;
- William J. Keenan, Jr. (CT), Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law;
- Paul E. Knag (CT), Health Care Law;
- Timothy L. Largay (CT), Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law;
- Paul R. McCary (CT), Energy Law;
- Richard McGrath (CT), Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law;
- Martha Everett Meng (CT), Health Care Law;
- Elizabeth Neuwirth (CT), Health Care Law;
- Willard F. Pinney, Jr. (CT), Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law;
- David Platt (CT), Environmental Law;
- Irving S. Schloss (CT), Litigation – Trusts & Estates; Trusts & Estates;
- Gregory A. Sharp (CT), Environmental Law;
- Alfred E. Smith, Jr. (CT), Environmental Law;
- Richard S. Smith, Jr. (CT), Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law;
- Sara R. Stadler (CT), Trusts & Estates;
- Elizabeth J. Stewart (CT), Insurance Law;
- Mark R. Sussman (CT), Environmental Law, Litigation - Environmental;
- Barry J. Waters (CT), Litigation – Labor & Employment;
- Robert A. White (CT), Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law;
- Edward B. Whittemore (CT), Securities / Capital Markets Law;
- John C. Wyman (MA), Product Liability litigation;
- Michael A. Zizka (CT), Land Use & Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use & Zoning.
The Murtha lawyers selected as 2012 “Lawyers of the Year” in their respective practice areas are as follows: Francis J. Brady (Hartford, Bet-the-Company Litigation); Paul R. McCary (Hartford, Energy Law); Willard F. Pinney, Jr. (Hartford, Mergers & Acquisitions Law); Greg A. Sharp (Hartford, Environmental Law); Richard S. Smith, Jr. (Hartford, Securities/Capital Markets Law); and Sara R. Stadler (New Haven, Trusts and Estates).
The lawyers honored as “Lawyers of the Year” received particularly high ratings in the surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 18th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2012) is based on more than 3.9 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.
About Murtha Cullina LLP
With over 115 attorneys in six offices throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts, Murtha Cullina LLP offers a full range of legal services to meet the local, regional and national needs of our clients. Our practice encompasses litigation, regulatory and transactional representation of businesses, governmental units, non-profit organizations and individuals. Core practice areas include litigation, labor and employment, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, construction, energy, health care, trusts and estates, affordable housing, real estate, land use and retail and hospitality.
Murtha Cullina is the exclusive Connecticut member firm in Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms. Visit www.murthalaw.com.
# # # #