Murtha Cullina’s Probate &Trust Dispute Resolution practice strategically pairs our trust and estate attorneys with our litigators.
Our attorneys work together to avoid, defend, pursue and/or resolve all types of trust, estate and fiduciary disputes. We regularly represent fiduciaries as well as beneficiaries in all Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York courts.
The members of the Probate & Trust Dispute Resolution practice are also experienced in Alternative Dispute Resolution techniques, and our Appellate practice is highly regarded in New England and beyond.
We regularly handle the following types of trust, estate and fiduciary disputes:
- Will contests and other contests based on allegations of lack of capacity and/or undue influence
- Breaches of fiduciary duty
- Allegations of wrongdoing against executors and trustees
- Removal and replacement of corporate and individual fiduciaries
- Trust modification, construction and decanting proceedings
- Expert witness in family law, professional liability and other matters involving estate planning and administration, trust construction and trust administration
- Establishment and administration of guardianships and conservatorships
- Disputes involving powers of attorney