- Co-author, The Encyclopedia of Connecticut Causes of Action (2009-2023)
- Co-author, Connecticut Superior Court Civil Rules, Annotated (2004-2011)
- Co-author, Connecticut Superior Court Juvenile Rules, Annotated (2004-2011)
Daniel J. Krisch leads Murtha Cullina’s Appellate practice and is a member of its Litigation practice.
Dan brings two decades of experience resolving complex legal issues during all stages of litigation for a wide range of corporate, institutional and individual clients. He has argued more than 120 appeals, including matters related to multi-million-dollar tort verdicts, commercial and contract litigation, complex divorce cases, zoning and land use matters, serious criminal convictions, election disputes, and issues of constitutional law and fundamental rights.
Dan advises clients about appellate issues and helps them anticipate and prepare for appeals, all while prioritizing their goals, recognizing that successful appeals begin long before they are filed. He frequently assists trial lawyers and insurers with raising, arguing and properly preserving potential appellate issues during trial and regularly represents companies, insurers and individuals in civil litigation in state and federal court. Dan also counsels and represents municipalities, candidates and interested individuals in election disputes and in proceedings before the State Elections Enforcement Commission.
Dan has taught moot court and appellate advocacy at the University of Connecticut School of Law. He published a bi-weekly column in the Connecticut Law Tribune and has been interviewed and quoted on appellate advocacy by a wide range of publications.
He served as a law clerk for the Honorable Ellen Peters, the former Chief Justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court, from 1999 to 2000.
- Holds an AV Preeminent® Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® as 2016 “Lawyer of the Year” in Appellate Law for Hartford
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Appellate and Insurance Law (2011-2024)
- Listed in Connecticut Super Lawyers® in the areas of Appellate, Civil Litigation: Defense; and Criminal Defense (2008-2022)
- American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- Connecticut Judicial Branch
- Advisory Committee on Appellate Rules
- Jury Selection Task Force
- Connecticut Law Tribune, Editorial Board Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Past Assistant Secretary-Treasurer
- Appellate Advocacy Section, Past Co-Chair
- Young Lawyers Section, Past Chair
- House of Delegates, Past Member
- Read to a Child Greater Hartford, Advisory Board
- Community Partners in Action, Past Vice Chair and Board Member
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Ellen Peters, former Chief Justice, Connecticut Supreme Court (1999-2000)